Monday, September 15, 2014

Welcome !

Welcome back bloggy friends and if this is your first time visiting with me, put your feet up and grab a cup of your favorite hot/ cold beverage, and sit a spell with me! It's been awhile since my last blog post at my previous Mommy blog, Are We There Yet Mom, but I can go even further back, when I started blogging and why, so let's start at the beginning....

My name is Christine and I am wife and mother to four children. My oldest daughter Marissa, moved to Washington State with plans to attend Western University. Then there is my son Joshua, who is 14, and my youngest daughters, Katelyn 11, and Lindsay 8, keep me smiling and laughing, not to mention exhuasted and needing power naps daily! We also have 3 Huskies, Zelda, Buddy and Luna, and two cats, Ruby and Naomi. My favorite past times are photography, cooking, and all things having to do with the outdoors and nature. I also love to find things that are beautiful, magical, and inspirational. This blog may take more of a Coastal Cottage feel, because my soul feels drawn very strongly to the beach, but I live in Arizona.....Haha, lots of sand, not so much surf!! On a brighter note I still have family in California, which I visit at least once a year.




You would also find me at two of my other favorite locations, either an English Country Cottage,


with a garden full of David Austin roses


'Heritage' a David Austin Rose | Photo: Carolyn Parker


or some quaint Villa on the Mediterranean Coast.



 Enough about me, let me tell you about the blog that started it all.

My first blog, served it's purpose as my online diary to chronicle the days and years following when my son was diagnosed as a Type 1 Diabetic. You can read that blog at A Diabetic Mother's Tale. As time went on, I decided to take a hiatus from that blog, and I am happy to say, we just celebrated my son's 10 year anniversary living with Diabetes.

Then came a time when Mommy Bloggers began to take on the blogosphere, and I have to say I enjoyed all the friendships and times visiting some other talented, and fabulous bloggers, some of who are still blogging. Then once again life came between me and my blog; for the next couple of years I went back to work and school, and now I have my Associates degree in Nutrition. It is my desire to finish going back to school to become a Registered Dietitian, and to work in primarily an endocrinologist's office.

Which leads me to my new cozy corner of the blogosphere, here in one of my new all time favorite passions, as a Life Style Blogger. Here I plan to share my favorite Home and Garden related posts, from healthy recipes, DIY crafts and other inspirations, my love of Floral arranging and Gardening, as well as plans to share my favorite tips for Decorating and Entertaining.

Thank you all for visiting I hope to see you all again real soon! I also love comments and love visiting other blogs and making new friends!!

If you like to know a little more about me, check out  "11 More Things About Me"!!

No comments:

Post a Comment