Thursday, July 16, 2015

Easy Blackberry-Cinnamon Cobbler

Happy Day before Friday! How has your week been going? It's been a fun birthday week over here! I took the kids bowling yesterday, it was a girls vs. guys, my husband and son against me and the girls. Today, I am a little behind planting my pumpkins, but I decided to go with a smaller variety,(since I am growing them in a 18 gallon tub) that only takes 80 days to mature! I am also starting to finally paint Katelyn's RAST dresser. More to come!

This week, two things happened, that I am convinced were not simply a coincidence, but Fate!
Normally, when I am walking through the produce aisle, and I see fresh berries on sale 10 for $10, I grab, well, 10! I don't remember the post, but it was about prepping smoothies for the morning a weeks worth at a time, so that's what I usually do. I'll share this with you in another post.

Berries, check!

Onto the story; my lovely friend, LL (Lori Leigh) posted this about blackberries! It brought back memories of when my family would go camping up to Northern California, close to the Oregon border. I was about 8,  and I remember my dad always liked to stop at the side of the road for a break from driving, to let my mom take me and my brother wild blackberry picking. She wanted the blackberries, to make blackberry pancakes with blackberry syrup. As you can imagine, we started picking them, and for every one I saved for my mom, I ate 3 or 4 or maybe more. They were so sweet, and it was a fun break from the long drive for us!


 

For those of you that read my blog, know I love peach cobbler the most, but in second comes fresh berries; strawberries, blueberries, blackberries! With them being on sale, I couldn't resist making a Blackberry Cobbler.

As I am searching for recipes, and I am still a little confused on the difference between what constitutes a baked good being called a cobbler, slump, or a buckle?? This article helped clear things up a little, so I hope what I am sharing with you, is a cobbler, if not it will be delicious either way!




 

 


Blackberry-Cinnamon Cobbler (adapted from Epicurious)

Blackberries
2 cups fresh blackberries or 16 oz. frozen
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbls. cornstartch
1 Tbls. fresh lemon juice

Cobbler
1/3 cup sugar
1 cup self- rising flour
1 cup whole milk
1/2 cup butter melted

Topping
2 Tbls. sugar
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
Whipped cream or Ice Cream

1. Preheat oven to 350F. Toss the blackberriesin the sugar, cinnamon, cornstartch, and lemon juice. Let stand 10 minutes. Place berries into a buttered baking dish.

2. Whisk together the sugar, flour, and milk. Add melted butter. Spoon over berries.

3. Combine sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over batter. Bake for 1 hour, until golden brown and bubbly. Set aside for 15 minutes to cool slightly! Serve warm cobbler with a scoop of ice cream or top with fresh whipped cream!

 
 
 

As always, I saved a plate for you!
Until next time!
xo,

Bringing this to these fun Parties!

If you like this, I hope you like this!

 



15 comments:

  1. Yum! We are picking blackberries from the backyard every day right now. This will have to be made with some of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm flying right over to eat every last bite! I love, love, love blackberry cobbler. It is one of my most favorite dishes for summer! Girl, you are killing me with all of these wonderful desserts! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your story of blackberry picking/eating CB! I agree - there are sooooo many versions of blackberry cobbler and what 'makes' it a cobbler...I call this recipe that you shared YUM! It sounds delicious! I hope to add more blackberries to the freezer today ;-) and maybe get to making my blackberry cobbler soon! THANK YOU for the shout out!
    LL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love any kind of cobbler, but your berry one is calling me.
    I enjoy seeing your post in the Friday Features Linky Party!! Thanks for sharing!
    Hope you have a great weekend!
    Karren

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, delicious! Thanks for linking up at the Weekend Blog Hop at My Flagstaff Home!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Christine, this looks so yummy and the recipe looks easy to make! Thanks so much for sharing it at our Cooking & Crafting with J & J! Have a wonderful week.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy cow, I think I just drooled! LOL :) YUMMY!

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you have the best recipes; so summery, too! Nice to co-host with you again at #OMHGWW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love blackberries, but I've never had blackberry cobbler. I'll have give it a try.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Christine, as always fantastic recipe.. I love blackberries!! Thank you for co-hosting, it is a pleasure every week. Have a great day! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks so delicious! Like you, I have fond memories of blackberry picking when I was young. My brother and I would make a contest out of who could pick the most in a set time. Then, our mother would bake a cobbler. Thanks for sharing your wonderful recipe on Snickerdoodle Sunday. Hope to see you back tomorrow for the party this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love blackberries! Haven't had a cobbler in ages, you've inspired me to make one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Delicious cobbler, thanks for sharing with Hearth and soul blog hop, pinning and tweeting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my! This looks so fabulous! Pinned and tweeted. Please join us tonight at 7 pm, and party with us. I can't wait to see your new masterpieces or amazing classics! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete