Thursday, January 8, 2015

Dark Chocolate Cherry-Craisin Oatmeal Cookies

Now while one of my resolutions is to eat healthier, thinking I'll add oatmeal to the list of things I would try, (since I am not a huge fan of oatmeal cookies), my husband Loves, loves, loves Oatmeal cookies! As much as I love baking cookies, oatmeal cookies, as you guessed are not my favorites, but I love my husband, so when I do make oatmeal cookies, I make sure to put lots of chocolate in them. 

Ok, so back to eating healthier, most oatmeal recipes include raisins, and again I'll eat raisins, if they are all ready in a baked deliciousness, but again my kids aren't a huge fan of them, but they do Love Oatmeal cookies....Go figure! What I love about our family is that we bring the best out of each other.
We all love Cherries! I have to admit that these dried cranberries, taste more like cherries than cranberries. They were the secret ingredient in these cookies. I've actually had a couple myself. 

The cookies themselves were nice and crispy on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside. 
Perfect dipping in milk cookies! 




Makes approximately 2 dozen
3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (not quick-cooking)
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
 1 cup Cherry Infused Craisins
 1 cup dark chocolate chips
1 teaspoon baking soda
 1 teaspoon salt
 1/2 Tablespoon of Cinnamon
8 tablespoons unsalted butter (2 sticks)
3/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour,  baking soda,cinnamon and salt; set aside. Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy, scraping down bowl as necessary. Add eggs one at a time, beat until well combined. Add vanilla. Gently fold in oats, craisins, and dark chocolate chips until well blended. 
  2. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart. Bake until cookies are golden brown but still soft, 13minutes. Cool 5 minutes. 

3 comments:

  1. We have featured you on Wake-Up Wednesday linky party, which you can find here- http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/2015/01/wake-up-wednesday-linky-51.html

    Cheers!
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds yummy - dark chocolate and cranberry are some of my favorites. :) Thanks for stopping by and sharing this recipe with us - you're featured this week on Five Friday Finds! I'm looking forward to what you share this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!
    Your recipe is featured on Full Plate Thursday this week. Hope you are having a great weekend and enjoy your new Red Plate!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete