Thursday, September 10, 2015

Pumpkin-Ginger pound cake with Maple-Cheesecake filling

Happy Day before Friday! Hope you all are enjoying your short week this week! This week has been a fun and interesting one for me. The hubs and I joined a bowling league, I haven't bowled in at least 15 years. He is from a family of bowlers, and when we first got married, Nana loved to bowl, so we joined a league and all bowled together with his famly. I was a little rusty the first two games, but found I got back into the groove by the third. Tonight, I am checking out and joining one of the Rose societies here in the Valley, I don't know why I haven't sooner. Lindsay's coming along too! She really loves roses as much as I do.



Is anyone else excited for Pumpkin everything as much as I am?! Last week, I picked up my first Starbuck's Pumpkin spice Latte, and I knew Fall is fast approaching!



I am *SO* looking forward to cooler and crisper mornings, so I can throw open my windows to let the fresh air in!! I couldn't think of a better recipe than pumpkin poundcake to be my first pumpkin recipe for Fall! How excited I was to open my first can of pumpkin?! I'd be even more excited when I can can my own pumpkin puree, with my own pumpkins!



When I was making the filling with the maple syrup, it amazes me how perfectly sweet real maple syrup is! I am really going to enjoy a slice of this with my morning coffee. It can't be bad if it tastes so good, to have for breakfast, I mean, pumpkin is good for you?!

Pumpkin-Ginger Pound cake with Maple Cheesecake Filling and Glaze
 (adapted from FineCooking

Pumpkin Pound cake:

  • 1/2 lb. (1 cup) unsalted butter, completely softened at room temperature; more for the pan
  • 9 1/2 oz, (2 1/2 cups) cake flour; more for the pan
  • 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. table salt
  • 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
  • 1/4 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
  • 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
  • 4 large eggs, at room temperature
  • 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
  • 2 cups packed light brown sugar
  • 1 cup unsweetened pumpkin purée
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter ,melted   
  • 2 tsp. grated fresh ginger 

Maple Cheesecake Filling:
8oz. cream cheese
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
2 Tbls. pure maple syrup

Maple Cream Cheese Glaze
4 oz. cream cheese
4 oz. unsalted butter
1 Tbls. pure maple syrup
1/2 pound of confectioners sugar 
1/4 cup of milk


1.) Pre heat the oven to 350ºF. Butter and flour a 10-inch tube pan or 12-cup bundt pan. Tap out any excess flour.
2.) Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ground ginger, nutmeg, and cloves; set aside.
3.) Using  a stand mixer, cream the butter on medium speed until smooth, about 1 minute. With the mixer on low speed, gradually add the vanilla and the brown sugar, about 1/2 cup at a time. When all the brown sugar has been added, stop the mixer, scrape down the sides, and cream the mixture on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 to 4 minutes.
4.) With the mixer on low speed, add the eggs slowly to the butter-sugar mixture, one at a time. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, increase the speed to medium, and beat for 1 minute. On low speed, add the pumpkin purée, melted butter, and fresh ginger. Beat until smooth.
5.)Using a rubber spatula, mix in half of the flour mixture, and continue mixing just until the flour disappears (don't beat or overmix). Repeat, adding the remaining flour mixture. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and set it aside.
6.) Spoon half of the batter into the prepared pan, spreading it evenly with a rubber spatula. Spoon over top with the Maple Cream cheese filling, and then top the filling with the remaining half of the Pumpkin poundcake batter.
7.)Bake until the cake springs back when touched with a fingertip and a pick inserted into the center of the cake comes out mostly clean with a few moist crumbs clinging to it, 45 to 50 minutes. Set the pan on a rack to cool for 10 minutes. Carefully run a paring knife around the inside edge of the pan. 8.)Invert the cake onto the cooling rack and gently remove the pan. Let cool completely. Drizzle Maple Cream cheese glaze over top and serve, with Vanilla Ice Cream or fresh whipped cream.


As always I saved a slice for you! 
Wishing you all a wonderful rest of your week!
Until next time!
xo,
Sharing at these Parties!

15 comments:

  1. I love sweetening things with maple syrup! Cream cheese, pumpkin and maple syrup are all perfect for breakfast, so I don't see a problem with it at all! I hope the rose society was fun. What do you do at the meeting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delish! Thanks for joining in the fun at Thursdays Favorite Things Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Yum! This is a perfect fall treat! Thank you so much for sharing! I am putting this on Pinterest also to share!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet Christine, in my mind I enjoyed the slice of cake, it looked delicious, I love that it is stuffed!!
    Thank you for sharing on the #OMHGFF this week and for being my Co-Host on #OMHGWW this month!! I appreciate you!

    Hope you have a beautiful weekend!
    Karren

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks delish. I am so loving all the fall recipes. Thanks for sharing at Snickerdoodle Sunday link up party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great, I love pumpkin cake. We always have pumpkin cake at our holiday family gatherings, but never pumpkin ginger, I wish I had a slice right now. I'm actually testing a vegan pumpkin cake for my blog that I will be posting soon. Great co-hosting with you on #OMHGWW.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds heavenly!

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks amazing!! I've pinned the recipe and will definitely be making it over the fall. The hubster loves pound cake!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I could eat that maple glaze by the spoonful! Thanks for sharing on Snickerdoodle Sunday. I've tweeted you delicious recipe, but for some reason, I can't get anything to pin from any site.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are making me hungry for fall!!!!! What a great recipe....thx! Carlyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations!
    Your recipe is featured on Full Plate Thursday this week. Hope you have a great day and enjoy your new Red Plate.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yummy, this cake screams Fall and it even has an extra surprise inside! So nice to be co-hosting #OMHGWW with you!

    Shellie
    www.thefabjourney.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Christine, delicious cake, very apt for season with extra treat thanks for sharing with Hearth and soul blog hop, pinning and tweeting.

    ReplyDelete