Sunday, May 17, 2015

Weekend Inspiration: Lilacs

Good morning! How was your week/weekend? It has been another busy weekend around here! Katelyn had a end of the year/ belated birthday/swim/sleep over party with some of her friends. This next week, coming up, other than her graduation day, will be much slower.

Last weekend for Mother's Day, I was up visiting my mom in Prescott, Arizona. The city is also known to be a "Mile High". It is approximately 5400 feet high. Visiting from the Valley of the Sun, our springtime is so short, it's a breath of fresh air, to be able to visit, when temperatures here are sitting at 100F, it's still Springtime in Prescott. This visit, I didn't get to see my grandmother's Lilac bush, but it should be in bloom soon.

When it comes to flowers,  maybe I'm like you, if you like the ones that have that strong sweet perfumed, fragrance; the kind that 3 or 4 stems of blooms can fill a room. Since we've moved, I miss my rose bushes and their ever blooming, heavenly scent, so much, that after seeing my mother's lilac bush, I've been dreaming of, and you won't believe it, but Lilacs.

I've even been investigating the chance of Lilacs that would be happy here in Zone 9, since our Winters are very mild here, they wouldn't receive the proper amount of cold weather they need.
Anyone from warmer weather climate have any recommendations?

 Out of all the colors of lilacs, white, pink, blue, purple. I'm actually looking for the real shade of "Lilac". Not quite purple, pink, or blue, but a pale version of the combination of all of them. It really isn't one of my favorite colors; not that long ago, Lindsay's room was half light pink, and half lilac.

My husband once painted a friend's bathroom this mysterious shade of silver, that when the sun hit it just right, it reflected the prettiest hue of pink/purple, either mauve or lilac, but it was really the topic of conversation; What color do you think this is?

There isn't very much purple, or lilac in my house now, but since my sister in law gifted us with these somewhat aubergine couches, that are really growing on me, so if you are like me, and are looking to add more "lilac" around you, here are a few items to inspire you.

















12 / 3 / 4/ 56/ 7/ 8/ 9

Is purple a favorite color of yours?

Until next time!!
xo Christine

This post contains affliate links which means, if you make a purchase, I will recieve a small percentage, which helps to support this blog.

Sharing at:
 Metamorphosis Monday

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE the smell of lilacs! Purple is my favorite color, but one that I don't decorate with....hhmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a huge fan of any shade of purple, but those lilacs could easily change my mind! So beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love anything purple, any shade of it. Thank you for sharing on WW @ Oh My Heartsie Girl.
    Sarah-Ann @ Living Intentionally Simple

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love lilacs, just saw one literally 20 minutes ago and they smelled soooo good. :) Thanks for sharing about your grandma's lilacs.

    ReplyDelete