Thursday, November 5, 2015

2015 #Ornament Exchange

Today I am super excited, not only because my favorite time of year is fast approaching, 
that magical time of year where, the season of  joy, peace, giving, but 
also I get to share with you one of my favorite past times, cross stitching.


 It all started when I saw My Pinterventures 2015 Ornament Exchange I couldn’t resist, 
since I love making special gifts to exchange. 
Over 80 bloggers are making (or buying) a special holiday ornament to give to another blogger. 
We’ll be releasing our ornaments a handful of bloggers at a time
 (over a span of two weeks, until November 13) so make sure to check back!

Make sure you stop by Erlene’s 2015 Ornament Exchange Post 
to find links to the entire collection of ornaments. 

My partner for the exchange is not only a fellow Phoenician, shares a passion for baking, but also enjoys the 'Sweet Life'; is Keala from Recipe for a Sweet Life .



It was luck that I found this pattern, I wasn't even looking for a deer pattern, but as
it happened I've been obsessing with white deer busts, I just had to stitch one for Keala {and one for me}! I've been cross stitching for about 25 years now, and this is the first time I've ever stitched on linen. 


For a complementing back fabric, I went with small red buffalo check with mini white Christmas trees.




For finishing the ornament I chose this Tutorial on how to make a Flat Ornament!
You can find the Free chart HERE!



Here are the other very talented ladies in my group who are also posting their ornaments today!
Be sure to check them out!

Olives and Okra -SnowGlobe Ornament
Weekend Craft -  Robot Ornament
Our Crafty Mom - Teacup Ornament
Our House Now A Home- -Christmas Tree Ornament


Hope you all enjoy the rest of your week!
Until next time!

Sharing at these Parties!
 You can follow me here!

Twitter | Bloglovin | Google+ | Facebook Pinterest


15 comments:

  1. That is so cute, Christine! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine, how beautiful and lovely this turned out! How lucky your partner is to be getting this special ornament. I wish I had talent like this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello I am a fellow ornament exchange participant popping by. Your ornament is so clever and cute!
    Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I used to do cross-stitch too, but haven't done it in years! I am also participating in the exchange. It's so fun to see what everyone is creating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! :)

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty design! I wish I had more patience to do cross stitch because your ornament is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Christine,
    Wow your ornament came out really beautiful!
    Thanks for sharing this at Cooking and Crafting with J&J!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Christine! Your ornament is so pretty! I'm sure your partner will love it!
    I used to do cross stitch before I had my girls, but seeing yours I feel like doing it again.
    Hugs,

    Pili

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely. What a fabulous handmade ornament for the exchange! Thanks for sharing this at Snickerdoodle Sunday. Pinned and Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous project to be a part of! I absolutely love your ornament, soooo cute! So happy to be co-hosting with you this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You ornament turned out nice, I love the red fabric on the back, so festive!!
    It is so fun to Co-Host with you each month. Hope you have a great week!
    Karren

    ReplyDelete
  12. great idea indeed and they all look cute..I love looking at all those tiny and detailed ornaments :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're very talented to be able to cross stitch something so small. The ornament turned out so lovely and I'm sure your partner will love this.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! Can you share the pattern source for the deer!

    ReplyDelete