Monday, February 2, 2015

Valentine's Day Craft Part 4: DIY Valentine's Treasure Box




Happy Monday Friends! Next week, it's my daughter's birthday, and I wanted to handcraft  something with love for her. She's her momma's girl. She loves anything that's pink with hearts and roses. The other day, I'm waiting in line in the grocery store, and I found the new issue of Romantic Homes magazine.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PJ9RNU2/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00PJ9RNU2&linkCode=as2&tag=precimemor-20&linkId=5HTKFCHSH22O4ZXE
  
 It featured a sweet trinket treasure box by Elyse Major. When I found my daughter's treasure box was my old sunglass case, I knew this would make a sweet gift for her to cherish for years to come. I admit it, I want to make one for myself, and put some sea shells on it, and treasures from our family vacations to the beach.

Her book tinkered treasures has many more easy to make projects to cherish.



This is a fun and easy craft for all ages. My daughter had a blast painting the popsicle sticks with the paint I had left from the Shabby Chic picture frames we did last week. I found a Victorian Rose free clip art, and added some glitter and sparkle.

The best part, my daughter thought it was the coolest thing.

If you enjoyed this Valentine's project you can find,
Part 1: Dollar Store Red crepe paper Rose Heart

Part 2: Stained Dollar Store Red Glass candydish

Part 3: Dollar Store Shabby Chic picture frames

Sharing with:

My Pinterventures 
Loulou Girls
Metamorphasis Monday
Home Matters
Treasure Box Tuesday

Merry Monday
Inspire Monday
Wake Up Wednesday
Crafty Mom Share

5 comments:

  1. It sounds like you and your daughter made a cool craft project AND great memories! Happy Monday Christine.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lori! It was really fun, and it was definitely a moment to cherish. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute treasure box. Thanks for sharing at the #HomeMattersParty :) Hope to see you again next week.

    ~Lorelai
    Life With Lorelai

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet project to share with your daughter. Thanks for adding this to the Spring Craft Blog Hop. Pinning and Tweeting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great post! Love it! Pinned and tweeted. We love to party with you, so I hope to see you tonight at 7 pm. That would be so awesome.
    Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete