Thursday, March 12, 2015

5 Random things


Happy Day before Friday, friends!! Yesterday, I talked to my daughter who moved to Washington state, about half an hour from the Canadian border, about her and three of her friends visiting in two weeks! Can you say I am one excited mamma! She's driving and her stops along the way, of course visiting her momma, and family here, Sedona, the Grand Canyon, somewhere off the Oregon coast San Francisco, the Redwoods, Southern California and Palm Springs. To be young again, trying to keep up with this itinerary, you would find me at the beach or by the pool just relaxing.

Healthy: One of her friends who is coming to visit is on a Gluten Free diet and I am trying to cook healthier for my family. For the girls driving pleasure, I thought I'd send them on their travels with these.

 
 
I also found this article on 14 Foods Nutritionists Never Eat. Since nutrition is my major, I admit, I try to avoid all of these. I've given up diet soda, and I don't drink regular soda, or other sugary beverages. What I will admit to indulging in now and then is All-beef hotdogs, and peperoni pizza. My husband loves REAL cheese, so we're ok on the processed cheese and dairy products.
 
About Me:Since, starting this new blog, I thought what better way for you to get to know me, than to pull up an old post from my old blog. This was back before blog parties, we had memes. One of my favorites was Thursday Thirteen. It was fun to go back and read over some of my old posts, when my children were just wee tiny babes. Here are my Favorite 13 songs! BTW if you do visit my old blog, please excuse the mess! There are a lot of cobwebs, since I haven't blogged there in a very long time, and no, I am not planning to go back. I will pull posts from there from time to time!
 
1.) Making Memories of Us- Keith Urban
2.)Jesus Take the Wheel -Carrie Underwood
3.) Ironic- Alanis Morisette
4.)Let's Fly Away-Frank Sinatra
5.)All for Love-Bryan Adams
6.)Some Beach-Blake Shelton
7.)Real Good Man-Tim McGraw
8.)The Nick Song by Jack Black...Just Kidding!! :P That song got way too played out, and some days it got stuck in my head all day! Real scary! Only second to The Wonder Pets Theme Song, and either Dora or Diego.
9.) Breathe Your Name-Sixpence None The Richer
10.)Heaven-Los Lonely Boys
11.)Crazy-Patsy Cline
12.)Fancy-Reba McEntire
13.)Under The Sea-Little Mermaid
I also chant from time to time, "Just Keep Swimming!" my New Mantre from "Finding Nemo"!
 
 Also, I located one of my bloggy friends who is still blogging The Purple Giraffees, she posted some amazing photos of Chinese New Year!
 
Emerald Green: With St. Patrick's Day around the corner, my thoughts turn to the Emerald Isle. In decorating, I am noticing, I am obsessed with jewel tones. This is one room design, I could see my self enjoying! I am really loving the Hydrangea pillow and all the lush tropical foliage.

via Yellowtrace/ Photo by Martina Gemmola
 
Sea Glass: Not that I need any more projects, but maybe you do! This is definitely one DIY I would like to make before Summer, and a few more like it with Sea Glass!
 
 
Garden:  Last year, I started my first vegetable garden with just tomatoes, basil, zucchini, and bush beans. Right now, I am planning to grow a little bigger. This article Start a Vegetable Garden for $25 total, includes the materials to make a raised bed, got me thinking. I am going to try this out, and give a report at the end of Summer, how much I saved from buying vegetables at the store!
 
 
 
Wishing you all a great rest of your week! xo Christine
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Great music!

    I agree with all the 14 foods not to eat, except I have the occasional root beer (it's the least evil ) and bacon (I buy uncured organic bacon) and I have to say that about once every six months I sneak a bag of Cheetos. I know they're horrible, but I figure if it's not that often, why not? LOL

    xo

    ReplyDelete