Monday, April 13, 2015

A Week in CASL photos: April 6- April 12

Good morning! I am so glad you stopped by to visit me today! How was your weekend? Mine was busy and exciting. Part of me was glad that we didn't get all moved this weekend, and then the other part of me wishes, to really be living in our new house. It is so much closer to everything. Where we live now, is about 10 minutes further away.

Then I had fun shopping for fabric with my mom. Picked out this really pretty aqua print for my new Spring throw pillows. We didn't get a chance to go shopping at IKEA, I'll get to that later this week.
I took the girls to a last minute birthday party at Peter Piper Pizza, which is always fun. We got to visit with family that we only get to see about once a year.

 What I like about doing a Photo365, is that I get to share with you a peek into what my week has been like, and possibly a sneak peek to what next week will bring. I've tried 365 Photo or Daily photo memes several times before, and surprisingly, I am getting farther posting my photos once a week, instead of once a day. It makes a big difference, and it's really nice to look back and see a slice of my day!

April 6- Round..With my mother coming to visit and with moving, I needed a quick no-bake dessert. For lunch, I just whipped up some macaroni salad, and sandwhiches, with this
Easy No Bake Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cream pie. You can find the original recipe here. When I went to the store, there was no strawberry cream Jello pudding, so I changed it up to chocolate.


April 7- Beautiful...It amazes me how even a tiny cutting of Stock makes an ordinay spot in my kitchen beautiful! *the wine too*


April 8- Breakfast- You all know I am trying to eat healthier. Today for breakfast, I had fresh strawberries, turkey sausage, and some chai tea.


April 9th...Inspiration- The very first bloom on my Pineapple Guava tree! As I was watering tonight, it caught my attention out of the corner of my eye,...I am actually starting to feel like I have a Green Thumb!


April 10th- Dark- The perfect kind...Dark Chocolate! Sea Salt with Almonds! Even though I am eating healthier, I have learned to indulge in a square or two of chocolate!


April 11th- Smells good- I know what you are thinking, didn't she just said she was trying to eat healthier. As it happened, on our way to Peter Piper Pizza, we made a pit stop. We live about 25 miles away from Chandler, Az, and the girls wanted to stop in Bosa doughnuts, instead of running to the restrooms in Peter Piper. I have to say though, my mouth couldn't help but water, smelling these fresh baked doughnuts. Very tempting, but like I said...I am trying to eat healthier. 


April 12th- Something Green- Here to redeem myself after the doughnut dubacle. Today's green smoothie is a Tropical one, with Frozen pineapple and banana, romaine lettuce (to me it tastes better than spinach), and some coconut milk.


Looking for more smoothie inspiration, check out my Smoothie Pinterest Board!







Are you on Instagram?  You really should be!!  I recently started following a photo a day prompt on #fmsphotoaday.
 Let me know if you decide to join in the fun!

Have a great rest of your week! Until next time!
xo, Christine

3 comments:

  1. I'll take one of each of those doughnuts please! I am trying to be a little better too. Usually this time of year it gets easier to be more mindful and eat lighter, but this whole blog thing makes it hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CB,
    As I am sitting down with you to have some strawberries and chai tea, I have a question...what is a pineapple guave tree? I keep saying I need to lighten up my food, but not doing very well yet.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those doughnuts..... ugh. I need to lose ten pounds and I'm drooling LOL

    The wine definitely helps everything ;)

    xo

    ReplyDelete