Monday, June 8, 2015

Back in the Day Blogging

Is it Monday already? Where did the weekend go?? Seriously, I was busy getting ready for the birthday party, cooking and fixing up the house, enjoying a great meal and laughs with family, and then next thing I know, it's Monday!

One of my favorite parts of this weekend, was seeing my husband using his smoker. He was like a little kid again with a new toy, and all he could talk about, was what he is going to smoke next!


In this Summer heat, who feels like cooking. He can smoke any meat he wants to his heart's content, as long as all I need to do is make a salad or something cool and refreshing!

I'd mentioned before, that blogging to me is like the place where I grab my cup of coffee and catch up with dear, sweet friends to find out what's going on;what projects you are working on, whether it's crafting, decorating or recipes , and how you are all doing!

If you haven't met the lovely and charming Rue at An Old Fashioned World, be sure to stop by for a visit! As it happened, before she posted this post about Rainbows, (her pictures are gorgeous) my mother who also lives very close by, sent me this picture. It just reminds me that it is a very small world after all!


 Another one of Rue's post also reminded me of are past blogging days. Every day of the week, was a fun blogging meme after another, tagging, and awards. Those were some really fun times!

Several of my favorite memes were Wordless Wednesday, you take one photo and post it, no words, just a linky to visit other bloggers WW photos ( it looks like it's still a popular one); Aloha Friday, you ask a random question, and other bloggers comment with their answers; my favorite meme was Thursday Thirteen, where you come up with 13 Things about your self; other memes included Works For Me Wednesday, and Tuesday's Tips. If you are looking for ways to meet and get to know other bloggers, link party or memes, are wonderful ways to join in the fun.

Going through my old blog, this was the one with the most views, and surprisingly, I checked the stats, and I am still receiving views, almost ten years later, and was able to find a couple of bloggy friends who are still blogging.

Here is my post from May 25, 2006, If you were like Me growing up in the 70's!

If you were like me growing up in the 70's then you'll fondly remember these things!
 These are my Top 13!

1.)You owned a bicycle with a banana seat and a plastic basket with flowers on it.
2.)You learned to skate with actual skates (not roller blades) that had metal wheels.
3.)You thought Gopher from Love Boat was cute (admit it!)
 4.)You had nightmares after watching Fantasy Island.
5.)You owned a "Slip-n-Slide" on which you injured yourself on a sprinkler head more than once.
6.)You had either a "bowl cut" or "pixie," not to mention the "Dorothy Hamill". People sometimes thought you were a boy.
 7.)You wore a poncho, gauchos, and knickers.
 8.)You begged Santa for the electronic game, Simon.
 9.)Your hairstyle was described as having "wings" or "feathers" and you kept it "pretty" with the comb you kept in your back pocket.
10.)You know who Strawberry Shortcake is, as well as her friends, Blueberry Muffin and Huckleberry Pie.
 11.)You used to tape record songs off the radio by holding your portable tape player up to the speaker.
12.)You wanted to be a Solid Gold dancer.
13.)You glopped your lips in Strawberry Roll-on lip gloss till it almost dripped off.
 
Just wondering if you can relate to any of these??
 
Right now, I am working on a post, on my thoughts about blogging now, and social media. More to come soon.
 
Wishing you all a fabulous week!
Until next time!
xo Christine
 
 

Cherishing A Sweet Life

2 comments:

  1. I remember every single one of those things...LOL. And I love Rue's blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny that your mom and Rue took almost identical pictures! What pretty rainbows!

    ReplyDelete