Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Visiting Prescott, Mother's Day 2015

Good morning! I am glad you stopped by to visit me today!
Hope you all had a relaxing weekend!
It was a lovely but very cold time up in Prescott this weekend!
My mother even said they had snow, the day before we came up.
Not enough to stick, but she said they were pretty flurries.
 
 
Lindsay got to see my mother's tiny baby apples on her tree,
 
 
and all the baby grapes on the grapevine,
she'll enjoy picking this summer.

 
 
The torch lilies were in  their full glorious, fiery bloom,
 
 
 
as was the last of her lovely Irises.
 
 
For my grandmother's  86th birthday  we made her a cupcake bouquet, which she was delighted to have Lindsay and all of us sing Happy Birthday to her.
 

( a bit, blurry, Lindsay took this pic)
 
 
Before that we took Mom out to breakfast to Suanne's Apple Pan restaurant;, a charming, local coffee shop hangout, in downtown Prescott; where everyone is reported to know your name.
 It's decorated with all things Apple, and every plate is served with an apple slice garnish, and you need to order half orders of their fluffy, and delicious pancakes and crisp, golden brown hashbrowns, simply because they are a gigantic, plate on their own.
 
 
(Lindsay and me)
 
 
(I really would like one of these copper fountains!!)
 
 
and walked around the courthouse, looking at all the artisan jewelry, fine art, and tasted some
 African Samosas, made by my mother's friend.
 
 
This gorgeous display of Fountain Blue Delphinium, was across the street from my Mother's church. One day, in my cottage by the sea, I hope to grow these in my cottage garden just outside my front door! 
 
 My grandmother gifted me with her sewing machine, even though, believe it or not, I don't even know how to sew, and my mother gave me another lavender plant. She has a baby lemon and avocado tree started, that she'll bring down with her at the end of Summer for my new back yard.
 
It was an absolutely marvelous weekend. Just what this momma needed to recharge and get this home unpacked and ready for Summer. My children have 10 days left of school. I can't believe it. Katelyn will be in Junior High, Josh will be a Sophmore in High School, and lil' Lindsay is almost in double digits!
 
 
Wishing you all a lovely week! Until next time!
xo Christine

2 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! The cupcake bouquet is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a great weekend :)

    It flurried at my house too. I knew we'd get that last snow of the year lol I was down in Anthem at my mom's while you were up here.

    Would you believe that I've never eaten at Sue Ann's Apple Pan? My boyfriend goes there for his business meetings though and says it's great.

    Happy Birthday to your grandma!

    xo,
    rue

    ReplyDelete