Monday, August 3, 2015

A Week in CASL photos: Back to School

Happy Monday! Hope you all enjoyed your weekend! It's Back to School day, and it wouldn't be an official Back to School without a few surprises, and I'm happy to say, that my children made it off to school, with only a couple of hitches. My son's bus, last year it was at 6:40am this year it's 6:30am, my son and I disagreed on the time, and I said I would admit I was wrong if it came at 6:40am. Was I wrong?? No, BUT the bus driver kept driving, he completely missed his stop, so all the kids that were waiting for the bus ran home, and I ended up taking my son.




My 7th grader starts school at 9am this year, and wanted me to take her. In the announcements on the school's website, it said school started at 8:30am. WHAT, my 4th grader starts at 8:30am, How am I supposed to be in two places at once????
I really wanted to help my 7th grader on the first day to find all her classes. She will take the bus tomorrow, so it won't be an issue, but on the first day I just took her early, and then dropped my 4th grader off almost as the bell rang. I am not one who likes to be running late, I like to be 10-15 minutes early, just in case. I am excited to find out and hear all about their first days and see how everything went!



Josh's first class is an engineering and architectural class, his counselor thought he'd enjoy it. It's funny, because he really was looking forward to having the culinary class. I might end up switching him, so we'll see. Lindsay's pic didn't turn out that good, so I'm going to try again later and update.


What I like about doing a Photo365, is that I get to share with you a peek into what my week has been like, and possibly a sneak peek to what next week will bring. I've tried 365 Photo or Daily photo memes several times before, and surprisingly, I am getting farther posting my photos once a week, instead of once a day. It makes a big difference, and it's really nice to look back and see a slice of my day!

Trash- These used to be pieces of left over wood scraps, that I had my husband make these carved fleur de lis. 


Words- Since being not only a Monday and the first day of  School, and I am on my 3rd or 4th cup of coffee today! 

via

Fiction- I found this old book up at my Grandmother's. Her mother, who I never met gave it to her! There are a couple of my favorite stories and movies.


I bought it- Here is one of the Miss Mustard Seed milk paint colors I bought over the weekend!
This one is 'Arabesque'. It is a warm and soft neutral pink color. It's not as feminine pink as I was looking for. The other two colors are 'Ironstone' and 'Tricycle'. Updates to come soon.

 
Are you on Instagram? You really should be!! 
You can follow me here on Instagram

   I recently started following a photo a day prompt on #fmsphotoaday.
 Let me know if you decide to join in the fun!

Here's to a great first week back to school!
Until next time!
 
xo,
  
 




3 comments:

  1. Your kids look so awake and ready for school...I can't believe it's that time of year already...summer went by so fast. Love the coffee/Monday sign.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh... I had the same problem. My daughter had to be at school 5 minutes before my son and they were on different sides of town. The school board apparently didn't care. Good luck :)

    Your husband made those from scraps of wood?! All I can say is WOW.

    xo,
    rue

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kids are adorable! I still cannot believe it is time for school to start! And your husband is so talented..those are awesome! I can't wait to see what you do with those and the paint! I love the Christy movies but have never read any of the books! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete