Wednesday, January 7, 2015

A Week In CASL Photos: January 1st- January 7th



January 1...We started 2015 with a cold and chilly storm day! I did manage to find a piece of blue sky to chase. It is kind of ironic that my daughter who lives in North Washington, was having the day we usually have. Almost like our days were reversed.


January 2...Something Yellow...This was my first try at baking French macaroons. With the dreary weather, I was looking for a pop of color and these Lemon macaroons certainly did a splendid job brightening our day!



January 3...What I heard...The weather was still on the chilly side, but later on in the afternoon it warmed up enough to take Lidnsay to the park, to break up the cabin fever. While she played I listend to this relaxing waterfall.


January 4... Me today...Friday we left for a weekend getaway to visit family in Prescottt.  While parts of  the Valley of the Sun got a dusting of snow, my mother's back yard was a winter wonderland. It was so cold...You can say that again! Brrrrrr.....

 January 5... Square...After our trip to Prescott, when I got back I started to get a stiff neck and an earache, so in an attempt to not let a cold catch me, I had a very hot cup of tea!




January 6...Round...Stopped into Pier One to hunt down a Christmas pillow I saw on my trip to Prescott. No luck! I did find this captivating Mercury globe, and a blue ombre accent dresser, that had the possibility of a DIY Ikea hack with a Rast dresser. If you are interested take a look at these lovely and inspiring projects I found here and here.


January 7- What I am reading...Coastal Living / September 2014. This photo caught my eye, co-designed by Jannicke Krakvik, in this article of 101 Beach House Must-Haves, swept me away to my dream deck ocean view. There are bright colored and whimsical pillows on a pink/coral couch. I can smell the Stargazer lilies, while listening to the sound of the waves and smell the fresh salt air. Definitely my happy place.

No comments:

Post a Comment