Thursday, January 15, 2015

CASL: Liebster Award

 
 
Yesterday I was honored and thrilled. Lori Leigh from LLFarm nominated me for the Liebster Award. Thank you Lori Leigh.

Even though I recall seeing this award, I needed to investigate what this award was actually all about!

  • The Liebster Award is given to bloggers by other bloggers.
  • It is intended for bloggers with less than 200 followers ; A very nice way to introduce new blogs and my favorite to make new bloggy friends!!
  • The word Liebster is a German word meaning 'dearest'.  A few synonyms for dearest in the English language are delightful, charming, and captivating.    
The rules are:

1.  Acknowledge and thank the blogger who nominated you.

2.  Find an award image and post it on your blog. 

3.  Answer 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.

4.  Share 11 random facts about yourself. 

5.  Nominate 11 blogs with under 200 followers to receive the award.

6.  Notify the bloggers that you nominated them.

7.  Give the nominees 11 questions to answer. 
    Here are Lori Leigh's questions for me:
    11 questions for you to answer (I am using the ones that Lori Leigh gave me...they are good.)
    1.  What has been your greatest blogging challenge? My greatest blogging challenge so far, is finding a niche, a certain place where my blog would actually fit, recipes, crafting, coastal, family, and yes even homesteading. When I graduated in May, I took some classes on Sustainability, and we now own land out in Maricopa, which is my plan to document the beginnings and progress on that venture.

     2.  What's your favorite guilty pleasure? Anything with Chocolate...My favorite quote is     "I'd give up Chocolate, but I am no quitter"!!

     3.  Which blog post are you most proud of and why? My DIY Watercolor Mug . Baking is my thing. My girls are the artists. This was the first artsy craft project I did, that I look at and smile. It's also my most pinned project, so far. What's nice is anyone can make it, and make it the way they like it!! You can follow me on Pinterest HERE!!

     4.  Who has inspired you most in your life? My grandmother. She has shown me to be loving and kind to everyone, and that you don't need to be loud to be heard, being soft spoken is just as strong. She's always crafting and busy with some project or another.

     5.  What's your favorite movie? Sense and Sensibility...I'm a hopeless romantic.

     6.  Would you rather spend the day at a spa or junking at a flea market? Oh that's a hard one, I guess it would depend where the spa or flea market was. If the spa were near a beach than spa....if the flea market were in New England or France, than the flea market.

     7.  What's your favorite flower? Roses, any sweet smelling or yellow rose.

     8.  Assuming it was nice weather, would you rather go for a hike or stay indoors  
          with a good book? Definitely a hike. I am adventurous. So far I've hiked with my son. My daughter wants to take me on a hike, next time I'm in Washington, and I think this spring, my youngest girls would like to go for one here in Phoenix or up north in Sedona.

     9.  What is your biggest priority for 2015? It would be a great honor if my blog finds it's way into an issue of Coastal Living, Better Homes and Gardens, even Martha Stewart is looking for photos for her spring magazine. Join instagram and tag your photo #AprilLiving to be featured in the April issue. You can follow me on Instagram HERE.

    10.  What 5 things would top your gratitude list? My faith, My family, My health, My animals, My home.

    11.  Are you more likely to spend on a vacation or home improvements?  In past years, it was vacations. This year if decorating is considered home improvements, then I'd say decorating.
     

    11 Random facts about me:

    1. I love to read , but can't seem to find any time.
    2. I love road trips.
    3. I love to cross stitch, again when I have time.
    4. I love chocolate, the darker and saltier the better.
    5. Both my husband and son are Type 1 Diabetics.
    6. My favorite trip last year, was to visit my daughter in Seattle (where my grandparents are from) , walking through Pike's Place Market, and sitting at and drinking coffee at the very first Starbucks.
    7. I met my husband eating at a restaurant, he was my waiter.
    8. I love the color aqua.
    9. I love the beach and collecting sea shells.
    10. I love going for walks in the park with my daughter as she rides her scooter.
    11. I have blue, green, grey hazel eyes!

11 Blogs I nominate are:

 
I'm adding as I find them. It is actually fun to find new blogging friends!

11 questions for you to answer (I am using the ones that Lori Leigh gave me...they are fun ones.)
1.  What has been your greatest blogging challenge?

 2.  What's your favorite guilty pleasure?

 3.  Which blog post are you most proud of and why? 

 4.  Who has inspired you most in your life? 

 5.  What's your favorite movie?

 6.  Would you rather spend the day at a spa or junking at a flea market?

 7.  What's your favorite flower?

 8.  Assuming it was nice weather, would you rather go for a hike or stay indoors  
      with a good book?

 9.  What is your biggest priority for 2015?

10.  What 5 things would top your gratitude list?

11.  Are you more likely to spend on a vacation or home improvements? 



I look forward to reading each of your posts!

1 comment:

  1. I loved reading your answers and random facts. I don't know what my 'niche' is either. I hope your dreams come true - magazine, land, oh and if you go to a flea market in New England or France, I'll go with you ;-)

    ReplyDelete